Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stupid Tennis Injury

The award for the "Dumbass Sportman of the Day" goes to French tennis player Gael Monfils. Well, that's the general consensus from what I've read on sports forums.

Monfils, 20, apparently his IQ as well as his age, generally likes to pump his fists and play up to the crowd in his matches.

Well, the youngster was leading 6-3 2-2 against Dominik Hrbaty in the Masters Series Madrid tournament overnight and seemed to be in control of the match.

Monfils had just hit a winner and celebrated winning the point by jumping in the air. He then landed awkwardly and rolled his ankle. He could take no further part in the match and Hrbaty won by forfeit.

"I know my season's over, that's life. I'll just have to be more careful. I still don't really know how it happened"

.....'Cos you're an uncoordinated dumbass, that's how!

The Frenchman was taken off the court in a wheelchair and headed straight to hospital. I suspect shocked punters who put plenty of money on Monfils were also taken to hospital with heart attacks.

Right, I'll get my coat.....

No comments: