Thursday, June 08, 2006

World Cup Fever!

All football fans around the world will be turning their attention eagerly towards Germany for the next month or so to watch the frenetic battle for the FIFA World Cup.

As I haven't had an office job for over 3 years and have all the time in the world, I shall be watching every match of the World Cup with avid interest.

Friends have lamented the fact that they have work commitments which interfere with their planned World Cup viewing. They have playfully labelled me a "jerk"/"bum" for having the means to sit on a couch and watch football for the next month. Working/making money online certainly does have its advantages.

For the record, I reckon France (6th favourite with bookmakers) will surprise many and go on to lift the trophy on July 9th. I'll be happy as long as the "Argies" don't win. They are such girly men.




Right, I'll get my coat.....

No comments: